ROLLER DOOR INSTALLATION
A roller door is also known as a sectional overhead door. It usually consists of several horizontal layers which have been attached to each other to make a flexible door. To open the door,it is raised and then lowered to close it. The action of the roller doors may be automated if the doors are very large and manual work wouldn’t be effective to raise it. It could also be used in shutters,in front of windows to prevent them from being broken into and other forms of vandalism.
The purpose of installing a roller door is due to security reasons It offers protection from outsiders and adds value and grants easy access by just touching the button controlling it. In this article,we would be looking at how your roller door can be installed.
Sometimes,you wouldn’t want to call over a professional to fix your door for you,while you sit back and watch. This is a step-by-step procedure on how to install the roller door yourself.
Before installation,there are several things you have to check to ensure that it works:
1. The place where you intend to fix the door must be strong enough to support it. Otherwise,it may collapse after a short while.
2. There is enough space on each side of the doorway for tracks.
3. Safety gear is worn at all times during the procedure.
4. The correct fasteners are present for the kind of building material the door is to be installed upon.
5. If in a public place,the work area beneath the door is safe.
6. The space above the door is free from any projections that may disrupt the installation process.
The garage door installation procedure can be divided into three major steps: the brackets,springs,and tracks.
1. Measure the door width and mark it on the doorway,not forgetting to include 50mm for the bracket.
2. Drill three holes into your bracket and put it in position.
3. Mark the location of the second bracket on the other end of the door.
4. Safe techniques should be employed the lift the door unto the brackets till it is rolling down the front side.
5. Place the door in the centre and centre the axle with the door.
1. Ensure the brackets and axle are put together tightly with bolts.
2. Rotate the door twice to add extra tension to the spring.
3. Hold the door firmly and then assist it with wooden chock to it stay put and prevent tension loss while you fit in the tracks.
1. Release the door and let it fall down. Ensure it overlaps and is in the right balance.
2. Put the tracks on both edges of the door.
3. Check for fitness by moving the door up and down.
If you cannot fix your rolling door or repair the door yourself when faulty,there are professionals in Australia that specialize in this field.
Technicians in Australia that can fix your rolling door
1. Steel Line
2. Centurion Garage Doors
3. B&D Automatic Garage Door Openers,Roller Doors& Repair Service.
4. Dynasty Garage Doors.
Installing and Repairing your doors is not a difficult task whether you choose to do it yourself or not. Australia is a home to some of the best technicians you can call if you have any problems with your roller door.